Friday, September 3, 2010

Vital Signs

So I got to say I was a little worried about doing vital signs. In my Anatomy 2 lab we took blood pressure and I used a stethoscope there and had such a hard time hearing it while everyone else did fine. But today, with my stethoscope, I didn't have much of a problem and got pretty excited to finally be able to do it. I think I'm going to go buy a blood pressure cuff tomorrow so that I can practice some more. The more practice I have at all the vital signs, hopefully the less nervous I'll be come the first clinical. I can already see myself shaking too much to get a good pulse reading! Oh, I did have one problem during lab today, respirations. I keep forgetting to do them while I'm taking the pulse! I think that will be the hardest thing for me.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I didn't take any respirations either! It's going to be tough to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get a blood pressure cuff too! I NEED practice! Don't worry you are not the only person who's had trouble, I have a terrible time with pulses! Soooo basic, ahhhh! Finally I realized that I push too hard to feel it on some people. We'll get it no worries. :)

    ReplyDelete