Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nursing for me

When I think of a nurse, I think of someone who is caring, warm, and puts the needs of others first. They are the people who give us encouragement when we can't find any of our own. Nurses help those who can't help themselves and give 110% all the time. If you can't do this than you're in the wrong field.

I can't remember exactly what made decide to be a nurse. I know it was back in middle school and I knew I loved helping people, and science. I think my Aunt Nancy helped my decision. But ever since then my passion for it has grown with everything I do. Besides having kids one day, this is something I want to do more than anything.

Since I decided I wanted to be a nurse, I've known what field I wanted to work in. I have always loved babies and since my aunt told me about neonatal nurse practitioners I've had my eyes set on that. My senior year of high school I got to do an externship in a OB at the local hospital. This only made me more passionate as I loved every second of it. I want to one day work in a NICU and everyone always ask how I'll handle losing some infants. But I've always thought that I was going to be the nurse that put in the extra effort to save all those I could. And you have to remember the ones you helped, otherwise you'd go crazy.

I am taking a little longer route to reach my goal but I could not be more excited to start! I can't wait to see what this year brings!

2 comments:

  1. I also have the goal of becoming a neonatal nurse practitioner. I have put a lot of thought into what kind of nurse I want to be but I always have the neonatal nurse practitioner top of my list. Good Luck on the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl, %110 or get out!!! I have a feeling with such specific and long term goals already laid out you are going to be very successful! See ya in class. :)

    ReplyDelete